Information from Chris Mutton, Felixstowe Waves Covid-19 Lead.
It’s fantastic news that the club will be returning to the pool and training sessions will be held for the last 3 weeks of August. If you confirmed to Louise that you intend to return during August you must complete the forms downloadable from here.
- Felixstowe Waves Pre-training Covid-19 Health Screening Form
- Felixstowe Waves Return to Training form.
A signed copy of each form must be returned to the club. You can hand the forms to an onsite club official prior to the start of your first session. Alternatively you can complete and return them via e-mail to email@example.com
Please note you will not be permitted to swim if the club is not in receipt of both completed forms.
Unfortunately if you did not advise Louise that you intend to return in August you will not be able to attend any of the August sessions. You must be pre-booked into a session.
There are also some documents attached that provide advice and guidance on returning to the pool. Please ensure that you read these prior to your first session:
- Covid-19 Lead Role Description.
- Advice for Returning to Exercise after illness with Covid-19.
- Covid-19 Requirements for Parents, Guardians or Next of Kin.
- Covid-19 Session Procedures
- Emergency Covid-19 Rules for Members.
- Felixstowe Waves – Covid-19 Risk Assessment.
Key Points to note:
- Entry to the leisure centre is via the front entrance only.
- If you are late to the session, you will not be able to attend.
- Swimmers must come swim ready.
- Equipment must be kept to a minimum : You will only need kick board, pull buoy, fins, water bottle, goggles & hat (Improver 3 and 4, only if you currently have this equipment).
- Use of the changing rooms, lockers and showers is discouraged.
- There will be no spectator or viewing areas for parents/guardians to remain on site during the sessions.
- Swimmers must have left the premises within 15 mins of the end of the session.
- There is a new exit for all. At the rear of the building accessible from the promenade. Pictures and/or a Video will be shared in the next couple of days. Parents / Guardians must be at the pick-up point promptly for the end of the session.
Upon swimmers first visit to the pool, the onsite club officials will advise and direct based on the guidelines set out in the attached documents. Please be aware that sessions can only go ahead if the new guidelines are fully adhered to. If you do not follow these guidelines then you may be excluded from any further sessions, which is purely at the discretion of the club committee. The committee will continuously review the procedures put in place for the August sessions, and I will update you if any changes are required.
Please take the time to fully read all of the documents attached to this communication. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, DO NOT REPLY TO SwimClub Manager PLEASE.
Thank you and regards,