On Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th February 2017, I attended the Suffolk County Championships at Ipswich Crown Pools. This was the first time I have attended the county championships and along with others, we all had a really good time. I took part in the 50 Free on Saturday and the 50 Fly on Sunday and achieved a PB in both of the races. There were lots of PBs achieved and a few made it to the finals. The atmosphere was amazing and everyone supported each other with lots of cheering. Well done everyone that took part and thank you David, Matt and Louise for looking after us and thank you to everyone who was at the end of the lane giving support to the team.
(Report by Mia Wright)
Check out the full results which are on the Gala page. Some highlights from the weekend include the following:-
- Girls 100 Fly – Beth, Charlie and Faye all reach the finals. Beth gains a silver medal in the final.
- Boys 100 Back – Thomas reached the final.
- Girls 50 Free – Beth , Mia Y and Faye all reach the finals.
- Girls 400 Medley – Charlie becomes County Champion in the 15 year old age group. Well done Charlie.
- Girls 50 Fly – Beth and Faye both reach the finals. Beth gains a silver medal.
- Boys 50 Back – Lewis reaches the final and gains a silver medal.
- Girls 100 Medley – Beth gains another silver medal.
- Girls 100 Breast – Beth reaches the final and wins it to become County Champion. Well done Beth.
Besides these highlights, everyone in the team swam brilliantly. Many gained PBs and fantastic individual results.