The Grand Final of the summer league took last Saturday at Crown Pools in Ipswich. Our team did amazingly well and we ended up coming in 3rd place in the B league
Well Done Everyone!
This round of the competition was licensed which means that the times achieved will be recorded on the swimming rankings system. Please join me with congratulating the following achievements:
Swim England Performance Awards
- Gold Awards – 22
- Silver Awards – 7
- Bronze Awards -5
Development Meet Qualifying times: 10
County Championship Qualifying times: 6
Just a reminder of the upcoming championship events – if you haven’t signed up already, please speak to Louise ASAP (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is our annual internal club competition, swim fast and you may receive a medal/trophy at presentation night.
|Friday 5th July||50m Free, 50m Back, 50m Brst, 50m Fly, 100m IM||Please be poolside and ready at 7pm|
|Wednesday 10th July||400m Free||Please be poolside and ready at 6pm|
We have an urgent vacancy on the committee for club secretary, our current secretary has held the position for several years will be stepping down in July of this year, she will work with the new volunteer to hand over, provide training and support in their first few months. if you’re interested or would like to know more, please let me know. Please see below for a list of the main items involved with the role:
- Organise term dates and book pool hire
- Book rooms for meetings, and take minutes
- Arrange AGM and co-ordinate nominations
- Forward emails to coaches/committee members
- Co-ordinate Swim Mark documents
Individual Goal Setting
If you haven’t already set your 2019/2020 goals, please draft these and bring them poolside to discuss with your coach. If you’re not sure, please ask one of us.
- Please arrive in plenty of time for each session e.g be ready poolside 10 mins before the start of the session, this allows for a suitable warm up.
- Please also remember to bring a drink while you swim, swimming is hard work 🙂
- Lastly, please remember to go to the bathroom before the session starts
Thank you to those who have responded and said that they will be able to help out, we continue to look for helpful volunteers, presently we have a few things that need attention, if you feel you are able to assist in any capacity, please let me know:
- Helping organise and set up the presentation night
- Helping organise and set up for our season open gala on 8th September
- Organising fundraising activities (this needs ongoing support)
- Helping to promote the club within our community e.g. schools liaison, advertising (social media/throughout town), coordinating articles for local free press etc.
- Social events – we need someone who will help with organising and supporting social events for the club members
I now have two volunteers who have put their name down for official training (thank you), I have reached out to the county officials co-ordinator to get a training session set up . We would love to have a roomful of parent volunteers at this training session, so, if you’re interested in becoming a swimming official, please let me know.
|5th July, 10th July||Club championships||See above|
|Sat 29th and Sun 30th June||County Development Meet||Entries already accepted|
|Sunday 14th July||Ipswich July surprise gala||Entries already accepted|
|Friday 19th July||Club annual Presentation night||Labour club, Felixstowe – watch out for an email re: tickets.|
- Cake sale: £60
- Sweet raffle: £23
Any creative ideas you have for our ongoing fundraising efforts, please let us know 🙂
We are currently welcoming new members to the club, please share amongst your friends and family and wider if you can – we have spaces in our improver groups as well as squad places. Trials/taster sessions take place on a Sunday evening – Sam is the person to contact (email@example.com)
Please join me in congratulating Beth Young as she has qualified again this year for the Swim England summer nationals – Beth will be off to Sheffield in late July/Aug to compete in the 50m and 100m Breaststroke. Beth has also been selected to swim for the county in the East Region Inter-county competition on 7th July at UEA Norwich – well done Beth.